Once Joseph Brodsky, when asked in the course of an interview whether he is planning to return to Russia some day, said the following: “A journey like that may be undertaken only anonymously…”. Several fantasies concerning Joseph Brodsky’s imaginary coming back to St Petersburg. On his way the poet recollects events of his childhood and adolescence.
Film was shot with the financial support of the Ministry of Culture of Russian Federation.
- 17 awards, including:
- National Film Award Nika for Best Film, Russian Film Maker`s Academy (Russia, 2009)
- National Film Award Nika for Best Director, Russian Film Maker`s Academy (Russia, 2009)
- National Film Award Nika for Best Screenplay, Russian Film Maker`s Academy (Russia, 2009)
- Nomination for Prize Golden Eagle in categoties Best Screenplay, Best Actor, National Academy of Cinematographic Arts and Scienses (Russia, 2010)
- Grand Prix, Festival of Russian cinema “A Satellite over Poland” (Poland, 2010)
- The Best Actress Award (Alice Freindlich), Honfleur Film Festival (France, 2010)
- Prize «The Best Film» at East of the West Competition International Film Festival Karlovy Vary (Czech Republic, 2009)
- Critics Jury Award , International Animation Film Festival Animest (Romania, 2009)
- 2nd Jury’s Special Mention, Festival Internacional de Cine de Mar del Plata (Argentina, 2009)
- The Fipresci Prize, International Film Festival Haifa (Israel, 2009)
Yuriy Arabov, Andrey Khrzhanovsky, Marina Azizyan, Artem Vassiliev
feature / cut-outs, drawn. animation/ documentary