The film is based on the fairy-tale written by Tonino Guerra and tells about the fate of the circus lion Amadeo who had grown old.
Film was shot with the financial support of the Committee for Cinematography of Russian Federation.
Festivals and Awards
- Film was the participant of 11 international festivals, including:
- Screening, International Cannes Film Festival, «Special View» program (France, 1996)
- Special Jury Mention for the «Best Animation», Annecy Animation Film Festival (France, 1996)
- Award for the Best Animated Film, Russian Film Maker`s Academy Nika (Russia,1996)
- I Prize for the Best Animated Film in the 15-30 minute category at the International Film Festival in Los-Angeles (USA, 1997)
- Special Jury Prize, Hiroshima International Animation Film Festival (Japan, 1996)
Sergey Barhin, Geliy Arkadiev, Аnna Vronskaya