According to the custom widely spread in the Urals all the kin of the newly married couple are to bathe in the bathing house. The owner of the bathing house, the old wife Niura, with the help of her familiar spirit Bannichek arranges several trials for the newly married.
Film was shot with the financial support of the Ministry of Culture of Russian Federation.
11 awards, including:
- Nomination for Nika Prize, Russian Film Maker`s Academy (Russia, 1995)
- Russian State Prize for Literature and Arts (Russia, 1996)
- Prize «Silver Pigeon”, International Festival for Documentary and Animated Film DOK Leipzig (Germany, 1996)
- 1 st Prize, Dresden International Short Film Festival Filmfest (Germany, 1996)
- Grand Prix, International Animated Film Festival Cinanima (Portugal, 1996)
- 1 st Prize, International Animation Film Festival Fantoche (Switzerland, 1996)
- 1 st Prize, International Animation Film Festival in Zagreb Animafest (Croatia, 1996)
- 1 st Prize, Hiroshima International Animation Festival (Japan, 1995)